Ladies and gentlemen, Number Eight Crispy Chicken has now landed at all good (and even some not-so-good – you know which ones you are!) bookstores! Find your copy at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, Smashwords, or search on iBooks! (At time of writing, Number Eight Crispy Chicken is among the top 5,000 books on Amazon Australia, it’s both the hottest release and #1 bestselling Aviation-themed book, and is in the top ten Dark Humour books!)
I’d like to take this momentous occasion to draw your attention to the ‘Eight Days of Number Crispy Chicken’ tour! It’s like an advent calendar… although shorter, and more crispy!
Here’s the itinerary:
- 20.01 Peter’s tale of woe in the airport finally lands.
- 21.01 Visit joanne-sullivan.com for a special video served up by artist, researcher and writer Dr. Joanne Sullivan.
- 22.01 Check out enrichmentality.com to learn about the cost of publishing a book like Number Eight Crispy Chicken.
- 23.01 Visit Lady Detective author Ava January’s site avajanuary.com for a guest post on living a free creative lifestyle.
- 24.01 Read the inaugural Q&A on Sorceress of Truth author J.D. Groom’s site jdgroom.com
- 25.01 Check out The Black Orchids author Ish Goel’s Instagram profile @ishgoel for a review and special giveaway.
- 26.01 Visit escapementality.com to find out how my travels inspired Number Eight Crispy Chicken.
- 27.01 Read my exclusive author interview with writer and blogger Alison Aldridge on allyaldridge.com
Bookmark this page so you can enjoy them all 🙂
What’s it all about?
The immigration minister has been detained.
Minister for Asylum Deterrence and Foreign Investment, Peter Ruddick, is en route to the remote Pulcherrima Island, the site of his latest privately-run, fast food chain-inspired detention centre. But chaos ensues when Peter misses his connecting flight and finds himself confined to the visa-free zone of the Turgrael airport, without a business lounge in sight.
Stranded in a foreign territory with nothing but McKing’s Crispy Chicken burgers to eat and nobody but a bleeding heart liberal, his seat-mate Jeremy Bernard for company, Peter’s misunderstandings of Turgistani language and culture result in his arrest on suspicion of terrorism, perversion, and espionage. Peter has always had the power to get away with just about anything, but how will he sweet talk his way out of this one? What if he winds up – like those in his centres – indefinitely detained?
‘Hilarious’ and ‘powerful’, Number Eight Crispy Chicken is a carefully researched, funny, and thought-provoking read for fans of the social novels of Tressell, Orwell, Dickens, and Vonnegut.
Grab your copy of Number Eight Crispy Chicken today, because this is one trip you won’t want to miss!
‘Super smart and funny… straddles social commentary and humour perfectly.
‘ – Ava January, author longlisted for the Richell prize
have never been transitioned from hatred to empathy more skillfully by
an author. It cuts away all artifice and ideology to expose the raw but crispy human in each of us.
‘ – Dr. Joanne Sullivan
‘I couldn’t stop reading. Peter was really entertaining to watch and I absolutely loved Jeremy… The ending was very intense. Very 1984.‘ – K.T. Egan, author of All You Hold On To